Saturday 1 February 2014

Slow Android emulator

I have a 2.67 GHz Celeron processor, 1.21 GB of RAM on a x86 Windows XP Professional machine. My understanding is that the Android emulator should start fairly quickly on such a machine, but for me it does not. I have followed all the instructions in setting up the IDE, SDKs, JDKs and such and have had some success in starting the emulator quickly but that is very rare. How can I, if possible, fix this problem?
Even if it starts and loads the home screen, it is very sluggish. I have tried the Eclipse IDE in Galileos, and Ganymede.
To add further information to this.
I have recently upgraded my Ubuntu installation to Lucid Ubuntu 10.04 LTS which in turn updated my Java version to:
Java version "1.6.0_20"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_20-b02)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 16.3-b01, mixed mode)
And now the emulator (although takes a while to start) seems to be running faster than previously.
It might be worth people upgrading their JVM.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More